Meraki

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Tue Nov 19 18:57:47 UTC 2013

Op 19 nov 2013, om 18:25 heeft Hank Disuko het volgende geschreven:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've traditionally been a Cisco Catalyst shop for my switching gear.
>
> I am doing a significant hardware refresh in one of my offices, which will entail replacing about 20 access switches and a couple core devices.  Pretty simple L3 VLAN environment with VRRP/HSRP, on the physical end I have 1G fibre/copper and 10G fibre.  My core switch of choice will likely be the Cat 4500 series.
>
> I'm considering Cisco's Meraki platform for my access layer and I'm looking for deployment stories of folks that have deployed Meraki in the past...good/bad/ugly kinda stuff.
>
> I know Meraki hardcores were upset when Cisco acquired them, but not exactly sure why.
>
> Anyway, any thoughts would be useful.  Thanks!

We used to use the 3Com wireless kit before it became H3C, and then HP, which worked ok but the engrish in the UI was horrid.

We've since purchased 25 Ubiquity wireless access points, specifically the 300N Pro access points, they work really well, pricing is competitive priced and the management is nice.

I've setup a Debian VM, installed their management software from their APT repo and just go from there. The version 3 software also supports multi-site which is really nice.

It's a huge upgrade over our previous wireless though.

Cheers,
Seth