OT: Below grade fiber interconnect points

Roy Hockett royboy at umich.edu
Thu Nov 14 04:51:57 UTC 2013

Thank you for comments. Let me clarify the situation.  We have a building that has been fiber cross connect
location and is being demolished.  This location has about 20 fiber cable entering where we patch between
fiber paths.  If we relocated these cross connect field to another building and that build is demolished we have
to do this all over again, so the desire was to have an independent facility for the fiber cross connect field, but
I am guessing due to esthetics the below ground vault was selected, we just learned of this selection and thus
my query to this group to find other that have dealt with similar situations and if so, experience base recommendations,
and things to be aware of.

Thanks,
-Roy Hockett

Network Architect,
ITS Communications Systems and Data Centers
University of Michigan
Tel: (734) 763-7325
Fax: (734) 615-1727
email: royboy at umich.edu