How anti-NSA backlash could fracture the Internet along national borders - The Washington Post

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:37:41 UTC 2013

This is not 100% true, the economics of hosting and providing layer 7
services are not longer strictly defined by geographic boundaries, also
some local companies (global or not) provide services locally regardless of
the location (or multiple locations) of the servers.

There is no field on the IP packet header to indicate to which political
mandate the packet belongs.

-Jorge