Email Server and DNS

TR Shaw tshaw at oitc.com
Sun Nov 3 18:10:33 UTC 2013

In addition to all the other reco's below,

1) only allow sending by your users from the submit port and only with authentication. There should be no client sending through the SMTP port.

2) Implement SSL on POP & IMAP if at all possible Otherwise enforce CRAM-MD5

3) Review logs esp pop and imap login failures.

4) Turn off VRFY.