Email Server and DNS

rwebb at ropeguru.com rwebb at ropeguru.com
Sun Nov 3 16:39:25 UTC 2013

So I figured a little break from the NSA was in order.

I am looking for some info on current practice for an email server and
SMTP delivery. It has been a while since I have had to setup an email
server and I have been tasked with setting up a small one for a
friend. My question centers around the server sending outgoing email
and the current practices requirements for other servers to accept
email Things like rDNS, SPF records, etc...

I am pretty much set on the issue of incoming spam and virus. Probably
overkill but it is checked at the Sophos UTM firewall and at the email
server itself.

Thanks,

Robert