Paraguay International Connectivity Questions

Dan Carlton dpcarlton at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:10:59 UTC 2013

Looking for some information regarding international connectivity from
Paraguay. We are looking to start up a new business down there and we were
told that the international connections from Paraguay are not reliable and
all of the only external connections from there have go through Argentina.

I would assume this would apply to Public Internet as well as private
networks (MPLS, etc.).

   -

   Is this true?
   -

   Does anyone have a map of the external connections from there, similar
   to the submarine map <http://www.submarinecablemap.com/>?
   -

   Or other data (BGP routing tables that would show traffic transiting via
   Brazil or Bolivia)?
   -

   Is the international connectivity really that bad down there?