Inventory and workflow management systems

Jason Sherron jason.sherron at microsoft.com
Sun May 26 20:21:27 UTC 2013

Not a personal experience or recommend but I've seen Pinnacle used for this purpose.

TFA http://www.pinnsoft.com/services/operations-management.html

Infrastructure Manager allows you to track every element of your communications infrastructure, from the outside and inside cable plant to the port assignment and availability of every network provisioning device.
Just as important, Infrastructure Manager ensures that all records are immediately updated whether they are modified from inside or outside the service order and incident management process. By maintaining a single, central repository of all documentation, you'll be able to:

Establish a centralized framework for documenting your entire infrastructure
Eliminate data corruption and reduce the resources required to synchronize disparate records
Provide a unified real-time perspective on the status of all communication records
Facilitate proactive availability management for all ports and cable plant components
Enable cost-effective capacity management
Rationalize audits of your communications infrastructure
Automate updates and prevent corruption

What software solution do people use for inventory management for things like riser/conduit drawdown, fiber inventory, physical topology store, CLR/DLR, x-connect, contracts, port inventory, etc.
Any experiences in integrating workflow into those packages for work orders, modeling, drawdown levels, etc.