High throughput bgp links using gentoo + stipped kernel

Phil Fagan philfagan at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:08:18 UTC 2013

Just curious and perhaps off topic a tad but; is the stateful filtering of
sessions on a router to replace a firewall? Or is there another reason to
do it? I could see a benefit of creating blacklists, however,
I'm struggling with what other benefits it would provide...service
aware load-balancing? I'm very interested to learn what other strategies
and or design considerations would be made with thinking of using filtering
on a router.

I'm perfectly willing to accept consolidation of services :-)

--
Phil Fagan
Denver, CO