Vpn tunnel Asa 5505 to fortigate 60c

Fred Reimer freimer at freimer.org
Sat May 18 17:05:22 UTC 2013

Almost all firewalls support NAT-T, which allows for using a private IP
address on the "outside" of the firewall (which is translated to a
routable public IP address before it gets on the Internet).  You will need
UDP 500 (for IKE) and UDP 4500 (for IPsec NAT-T) open, so no devices
between the firewalls can block those ports.  I know the ASA supports
this, because I have setup customers with "private" IP addresses on their
ASAs in certain circumstances.  I'm not familiar enough with the Fortinet
equipment, but you may need to turn on a NAT-T feature.

HTH,

Fred Reimer