Per Site QOS policy with Cisco IOS-XE

Wes Tribble westribble at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:54:48 UTC 2013

Tyler,

I would love to implement a policy similar to that one.  Unfortunately, I
don't believe you can have two tiers of shaping like that in a policy.
Most of the two-tiered shaping solutions I have seen involve using a VRF to
shape to the aggregate rate and then use a second VRF to shape to the site
rate.  This is to get around the three-tier policy limitations.

With that said, if you have something like that configured and working, I
would love to see the config and the "show policy-map interface" output.
That is exactly the kind of policy I was originally looking to implement,
but then I ran into those limitations.

Thanks for the reply.  Great idea in concept.  If only we could implement.