CenturyLink Outage?

Jason Lester jlester at wcs.k12.va.us
Tue May 7 16:54:21 UTC 2013

Does anyone know what is going on with the nationwide CenturyLink outage?
 Their NOC recording says it is a BGP routing issue with their upstream
peers affecting Internet traffic and traffic between regions.  Our outside
connectivity with them has basically been down since about 4:00AM (EDT)
this morning.  The prefixes we were receiving from them were fluctuating
between a few hundred and a few thousand all morning.  We are getting the
full BGP table from them now (for about the last hour), but still not
seeing any incoming traffic.  Seems like a major issue since it has been
almost 9 hours now.

Thanks,
Jason
--

Jason Lester
Administrator for Instructional Technology