Google Public DNS Problems?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 2 16:01:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> [...]

s/perry/blair/

> public zones*, the *path to the ZONE servers* is the thing diagnostics
> would require a trace to, no?

I think, from some troubleshooting with blair yesterday he was having some
odd problems with queries to google-public-dns (gdns), where everything he
asked came up servfail. I wasn't able to repro this, which was annoying ;(
We (perry/others) were interested in verifying that something odd wasn't
happening between blair and the server answering his question(s)...

> If 8.8.8.8 doesn't *answer* for "google.com" (and no one's told me it
> has), then how you get there is irrelevant.

8.8.8.8 is just an open resolver... oh, jabley replied as well (alway a
cogent reply from him)