Comcast Launches IPv6 for Business Customers

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Wed May 1 19:54:19 UTC 2013

On 04/29/13 15:38, Brzozowski, John wrote:
> FYI for folks that are interested:
>
> http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-launches-ipv6-for-business-customers

Great news!

Strangely, I (a Comcast Business customer at home) have noticed RAs
coming across my wire for several months now.  I use a Comcast-supplied
Arris cable modem, with no extra routing functionality.  About 4-5
months ago, I thought I'd see if there was a Comcast DHCPv6 server on
that wire, and I sent it ia-na and ia-pd requests--and got responses
back, and I have had a DHCPv6 client running ever since.  (See the
headers of this message for more info.)  So from my perspective, IPv6 on
Comcast Business Internet has been "just working" for at least 4 months.

I have signed up for the pilot, as a /56 would be really useful so that
I can run v6 on all of my networks (wireless, wired, etc.).  Any idea
how it will work with a simple Arris cable modem and a reclaimed Mac
Mini running *BSD as the router, given that I have already proven that
it works? :)

thanks and keep up the good work...
michael