BGP hijack of Spamhaus?

Job Snijders job.snijders at atrato.com
Fri Mar 29 18:14:52 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolai,

It really happened, here are my notes.

	http://instituut.net/~job/cb3rob-spamhaus-hijack-21-mar-2013.txt

Renesys also confirmed seeing the /32 from that direction, but they could
not share the data because of an NDA.

Because it was a /32, it was a hyperlocal event, if you can read Dutch and
read the comments on the greenhost.nl blog, you'll see that Kamphuis is
not denying, but rather elaborates on what he did:

	"wijst er ook maar even op dat onze uiteraard in-house developed
	dns code die we voor dit project ingezet hebben ook keurig op
	stdout liet zien WAT er door WIE werdt opgevraagd…"

Roughly translates to:

	"Let me emphasize that our in-house developed dns code, which was
	used for this project very nicely logged to stdout WHO was requesting
	WHAT"

Kind regards,

Job

--