Per-ASN data (Re: Open Resolver Problems)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Mar 29 11:12:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Jared Mauch wrote:

> I wanted to share PER-ASN data for those that are interested in this
> generally.  If you are a contact for these ASNs, you can e-mail me from
> your corporate address to get access to the list.

Interesting. My guess is that at least some of these have a lot of CPEs
with global resolving turned on on the WAN port.

So yes, I think it's very important to have these lists emailed regularily
to alert people who might not check themselves all the time. The ISP
operated CPEs should hopefully be possible to fix within weeks of notice
(hopefully settings and/or software is controlled by the ISP).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se