Google public DNS flapping/non-functional

Blair Trosper blair.trosper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:51:14 UTC 2013

Could someone from Google contact me off list to discuss the public
resolvers?

I'm getting NXDOMAIN and then a proper response literally one second later.
 And from there it's just 20 GOTO 10...the resolver seems to be having a
psychotic episode, or...at the very least...an identity crisis.

Other public resolver services have no issue with this, but the problem
seems to be affected by anything I throw at either 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 to
resolve.

(The IPv6 public resolvers are doing the same thing, I should point out.)

I understand that those ingress addresses are any/multicast, so perhaps the
problem I'm having is confined to a single datacenter in my region...and
thus may not be affecting people outside of that DC.

Thanks,
Blair