BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Mar 28 17:10:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> If you think about a simple multi-homing situation where a person
> has their own IP space, their own ASN, and connects to two providers
> they will announce all of their routes to both providers.
>
> The feature I would like is to set the _packet filter_ based on the
> _received routes_ over BGP.  Actually, received routes post prefix list.

Hi Leo,

Since you've configured a prefix list to specify what BGP routes
you're willing to accept from the simple multihomed customer (you
have, right?) why set a source filter from the same data instead of
trying to build it from routing table guesswork?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004