BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Wed Mar 27 22:40:51 UTC 2013

I think the media fire about this will enlighten many c level executives. After that, it's a matter of them saying "go do this". You can't get any traction if there isn't a perceived issue, from what I've seen anyways. I still think the ipv4 to 6 transition will require media outlets running special coverage on the end of the Internet because we broke it by not addressing issues. I've shouted from roof tops on various occasions, only to hear months later about how we should have seen something coming. Get CNN to run Nanog has a solution and watch the hordes gather. People slow down on the freeway to see an accident, they'll slow down long enough to see what's happened and drive off. When their house is on fire, it's a completely different story.