BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Mar 27 19:01:36 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu>

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:51:35 -0500, Jack Bates said:
> > They are not, and I can think of quite a few people who would stare
> > blankly at you for making such a statement. Of course, I can think
> > of plenty of people who we'd like to see implementing BCP38 concepts
> > that would need you to define ingress and egress.
>
> Of course, the fact they don't understand ingress and egress are *totally*
> unrelated to the fact they can't figure out how to deploy BCP38, correct?

Oh, Jeezus; do we need to start seeing geek licenses[1] before we'll turn
up your BGP session or Transit link now?

Have we really sunk that low?[2]

Cheers,
-- jra
[1] Seriously; I think we need these; for escalating to Tier 3 support if
nothing else.[3]
[2] No, I don't actually want an answer to this; I'm depressed enough.
[3] "Hello, Road Runner business support!" "Yes, my Geek License number is
G 17135, and I need to speak to your backbone BGP coordinator." "I'll
transfer you right now, sir."