BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Mar 26 21:16:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>> Do the engineering heads at the top 10 tier-1/2 carriers carry enough water
>> to make that sale to the CEOs?
>
> To ask the CEOs to authorize cutting off access to a competitor's web
> site with the full support and approval of a group of recognized
> Internet luminaries?

I'm not a lawyer, but I do work out with one at the gym.

I would strongly encourage people considering this to
discuss the following terms with their legal staff *first*:

Sherman Anti-Trust Act
Anti-competitive practice
Refusal to deal
restraint of trade
collusion
cartel

Once you've had a polite and cheerful discussion about
the feasibility of some set of companies in the public
space banding together to restrict access to a subset
of their competitors with your legal staff, we can
routers.

Thanks!

Matt