Question on Ipv6 address

Mark Jeremy mejndp at rit.edu
Tue Mar 26 19:10:06 UTC 2013

Justin,

Dial-up modem is just a layer 2 device with no IP address. Just think of it
as a converter, its sole function is to convert the telephone line to
something your PC can use, in this case, Ethernet. Both IPv4 and IPv6
operate on the layer 3 of the OSI model which is taken care of by the RAS.
So basically any dial-up modem support IPv6.

-MJ