Last mile multihoming

Nick Zurku Nick at nzurku.com
Tue Mar 26 15:14:44 UTC 2013

SOHO failover would be significantly easier if you had a VPN server in a
datacenter, and setup something like pfSense to connect to the VPN over one
or many ISP connections.

You really could just buy 2-3 local ISP connections, and let the VPN tunnel
reestablish in the event of an outage (under a second, usually, states and
connections preserved). I am unsure of bonding all those VPN connections at
the same time, but I imagine there is a method to do that.