Why are there no GeoDNS solutions anywhere in sight?

Dave Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 18:15:45 UTC 2013

On 3/21/2013 12:39 PM, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> But what I don't understand is why everyone implies that the status
> quo with round-robin DNS is any better. C.

Doesn't the Happy Eyeballs address selection algorithm work even when
all the potential address are on the same network (be it IPv4 or v6)?

As many have pointed out physical location and network location don't
always quite correlate.  Just recently I've made a change in colos that
brought my servers both 400 miles closer to my house, and 30ms further
away via the network, and the transit providers in all cases had "Time
Warner" in the name.

--
Dave