routing table go boom

Mike mike-nanog at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Mar 20 17:30:36 UTC 2013

	I appreciate everyones comments on this issue but I think you
nay-sayers are going to lose. I think the future of the internet is
distributed routing where the end points ultimately decide how their
packets flow. I think joe 6-pack should in fact be able to be connected
to as many providers as he wants, should be able to specify any mixture
of connections from consumer dsl to carrier ethernet or beyond, and have
the same level of service as multi-homed bgp speaking networks do today
in terms of route diversity, fail-over and 'portability' (in terms of
bringing your netblocks to another provider). Not a troll, just looking
at the future here.

Mike-