Is multihoming hard? [was: DNS amplification]

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Wed Mar 20 16:36:13 UTC 2013

On 3/20/13 6:40 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> I don't know a single ISP that wants to throttle growth by not
> accepting additional customers, BGP speaking or not. (I do know
> several that want to throttle growth through not upgrading their
> links because they have a captive audience they are trying to ransom.
> But that is neither relevant to this discussion, not controversial -
> unless you are paid by one of those ISPs....)

Ran across more then one in the Idaho/Oregon/Washington State area that
told me it was "too hard" for them to do BGP with customers, or my
favorite, that it would cost over 1k USD for setup, and 500 USD a month
to do a BGP session with them from our rack in their data center.

Some are either just lazy or incompetent.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org