using ARIN IP space outside of ARIN region

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Mar 19 05:13:36 UTC 2013

On Mar 18, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Matt Palmer <mpalmer at hezmatt.org> wrote:
> Which is ironic, because when we recently applied to ARIN for number
> resources to support our US operations, we were told to use our APNIC space
> instead.

That's just the RIRs protecting you from yourself -- after all, everyone knows IP addresses (both v4 and v6) only makes sense if they are defined within geo-political monopolies. Sort of like RFC 3514 except with regions instead of moral states.

(obligatory :) for the sarcasm impaired)

Regards,
-drc