[c-nsp] DNS amplification

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:55:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Arturo Servin <arturo.servin at gmail.com> wrote:

>         They should publish the spoofable AS. Not for public shame but at least
> to show the netadmins that they are doing something wrong, or if they
> are trying to do the good think is not working.
>
>         Or at least a tool to check for your ASN or netblock.

I don't disagree, but I'd point out that there are likely easier
places to do bcp38 than others in everyone's network(s)... So, 'I do
bcp38' unqualified is not as helpful, especially when almost all
consumer grade links are bcp38 by default, which is likely where a
bunch of this measurement originates. (well, I suspect a bunch of it
is from consumer-grade links anyway)