What do you have in your datacenters' toolbox?

R A Lichtensteiger rali+nanog at tifosi.com
Tue Mar 12 21:57:48 UTC 2013

Aaron Glenn wrote:

<> I have a requirement to stock an actual, physical toolbox with power
<> tools, drill bits, and other useful accoutrements one would use in a
<> 'typical' datacenter. Can any one recommend brands/models of
<> (preferably cordless) power tools they've used successfully?

I'm partial to the Bosch 18VDC Li-ion but the brand is less important
than the Li-ion part.

I'd add:

  o  A box of disposable foam earplugs
  o  Cordless telephone with over the ear headset and noise
     suppression microphone

Probably not for simultaneous use, though <grin> and the latter
assumes a POTS line or VOIP adapter in the data center.

Reto
R A Lichtensteiger	rali at tifosi.com

  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
   flying.  There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying.  The
   knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
   Pick a nice day, it suggests, and try it."