Network mapping software

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Mar 12 19:20:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-12, at 3:16 PM, Garrett Skjelstad <garrett at skjelstad.org> wrote:

> I have seen NetBrain mentioned a few times here on this mailing list. Does
> anyone have any experience with it, and could they tell me some of the pros
> & cons that they had of their installations?
>
> Any limitations or pain points? Feel free to hit me off list.
>
> -Garrett

Mr. Abley just posted a link (thanks Joe, I've been subconsciously looking for that link for months ;)) that, ironically, includes FOSS tools to do network mapping.  Perhaps that might be useful if NetBrain's Windows requirements aren't congruent with your shop's policies on management systems' OS.

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog26/presentations/stephen.pdf