Network Configuration Management

Petter Bruland Petter.Bruland at allegiantair.com
Tue Mar 12 18:31:03 UTC 2013

Just an FYI on "if you can tolerate their sales borg".
If you request a quote and do not purchase, get ready for a borg attack of emails and calls.

On topic:
We're trying to survive with RANCID, which is great for pushing changes without any feedback...  Last job we used Solarwinds NCM, and that's a fairly nice tool.
We also had HP on site with their "Configuration Management System", which looked good until we started looking into support for Enterasys and Brocade. There were some short comings and expectation for custom written code to support 3rd party hardware.
-P