What do you have in your datacenters' toolbox?

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 09:18:07 UTC 2013

Greetings My Ten Thousand Closest Friends,

I have a requirement to stock an actual, physical toolbox with power
tools, drill bits, and other useful accoutrements one would use in a
'typical' datacenter. Can any one recommend brands/models of
(preferably cordless) power tools they've used successfully? Reading
Amazon reviews is killing my few brain cells that remain. Any "and you
should think about stocking $X, $Y, and a couple of $Zs in your tool
chest" you could impart on the list (besides the right kind of cage
nuts and enough rj45 jacks)? I have that sinking suspicion my
comprehensive list is not comprehensive enough. I get one true shot at
this as the datacenter is very, very far from any 1st-world
suppliers[1]

Very grateful for any cluebats you are able to spare on this
(marginally off) topic.

Best,
aaron.glenn

[1] Hargeisa, Somaliland; if you must know.