What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:16:11 UTC 2013

On Thursday, March 7, 2013, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Mukom Akong T. wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lavanauts.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I don't think the business case is the issue.  It is the timeline over
>>> which the sense of urgency becomes important enough for most execs to
>>> take
>>> seriously.  That's still a large unknown.
>>>

>> Why should they care about the timeline if they aren't convinced it is
>> even
>> worth doing?
>>

> If they're convinced that it's not worth doing ever - then you're wasting
> your own time.  They may think it's not worth a lot of effort over the
> immediate future but if the effort is spread thinly and integrated into
> regular infrastructure upgrades over a longer period of time then that's an
> easier pill to swallow.

You are talking about people who have already decided its worth doing and
so they need convincing as to how early to start. I am thinking of people
who need convincing in the first place. For such people, business case is
their language, timeline comes after they are convinced

--

Mukom Akong T.

http://about.me/perfexcellence |  twitter: @perfexcellent