What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Thu Mar 7 16:10:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Mukom Akong T. wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lavanauts.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't think the business case is the issue.  It is the timeline over
>> which the sense of urgency becomes important enough for most execs to take
>> seriously.  That's still a large unknown.
>

> Why should they care about the timeline if they aren't convinced it is even
> worth doing?

If they're convinced that it's not worth doing ever - then you're wasting
your own time.  They may think it's not worth a lot of effort over the
immediate future but if the effort is spread thinly and integrated into
regular infrastructure upgrades over a longer period of time then that's
an easier pill to swallow.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony at lavanauts.org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin at gmail.com