Time Warner Cable YouTube throttling

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Thu Mar 7 15:58:26 UTC 2013

Jumping on the bandwagon. I have not had the chance to follow the entire thread but have seen this behavior from AT&T Uverse, Time Warner, and Verizon FIOS. I believed initially this was a capacity issue with Google and Youtube. The reason for this thought is fairly simple with no scientific troubleshooting invested at this time. I can replicate slowness on AT&T Uverse and Time Warner at the exact same times, the anomoly is Verizon FIOS does not align with the other two.

When there is slowness on Uverse 99% of the time my Time Warner connections to Youtube will be slow as well even if you are streaming different video's.