Dreamhost/AS26347 unauthorized bgp announcement

Job Snijders job.snijders at atrato.com
Thu Mar 7 11:30:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just a small update.

Off-list Andree and me have been working together with Kenneth from dreamhost
to try and figure out what exactly happened and which device or party orginated
these prefixes.

Unfortunately no hard conclusions can be drawn from the data available to us, especially
since we lack proper insight into this Any2 routeserver.

I also want to emphasize that Kenneth and Dreamhost have been very forth coming in
sharing data (configs, stats, networkplans) to find the root cause.

We have put additional monitoring in place to try and catch more data if this happens
a next time.

Thank you all for being on top of incidents like this!

Kind regards,

Job

--
AS5580 - Atrato IP Networks