What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:46:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Mike. <the.lists at mgm51.com> wrote:

> I would lean towards
>
>   f) Cost/benefit of deploying IPv6.

I certainly agree, which is why I propose understanding you organisation's
business model and how specifically v4 exhaustion will threaten that. IPv6
is the cast as a solution to that, plus future unknown benefits that may
result from e-2-e and NAT elimination.

I have no clue how to sell 'benefit' of IPv6 in isolation as right now even
for engineers, there's not much of a benefit except more address space.

--

Mukom Akong T.

http://about.me/perfexcellence |  twitter: @perfexcellent