What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:31:05 UTC 2013

> The low hurdle advantage remains only if the organisation starts soon and
> progresses incrementally. I suspect the longer v6 deployment is put off,
>  the more this advantage is eroded.

Agreed; IMHO planning and starting sooner "costs less" than pushing it off
until it is a firedrill.
*Less in terms of money, service impact, PR complications, etc.*

And it is "here" now - my home has native IPv6 from Comcast, my phones have
native IPv6 from TMobile (and previously, from Verizon Wireless) ... the
only missing link in my daily life is my client site, which is:
a) why I am here
and
b) being held up by DISA :(.

/TJ