What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Mar 5 18:47:17 UTC 2013

On Mar 05, 2013, at 13:41 , Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In-line

Isn't every reply? (Well, every reply worth reading.)

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Mukom Akong T. <mukom.tamon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear experts,
>>
>> I've found myself thinking about what ground an engineer needs to cover in
>> order to convince the executives to approve and commit to an IPv6
>> Deployment project.

Why not just have them read their own SEC filings. Nearly every company has something to the effect of this in their 10K:
	The potential exhaustion of the supply of unallocated IPv4 addresses
	and the inability of $COMPANY and other Internet users to successfully
	transition to IPv6 could harm our operations and the functioning of
	the Internet as a whole.

No company would lie to the SEC, would it?

--
TTFN,
patrick