Cloudflare is down

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 20:46:20 UTC 2013

On 3 March 2013 12:02, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> On 03/03/2013 10:46, Arthur Wist wrote:
>> Apparently due to a routing issue...
>
> back up again: http://blog.cloudflare.com/todays-outage-post-mortem-82515
>
> tl;dr: outage caused by flowspec filter tickling vendor bug.

Definitely smart to be delegating your DNS to the web-accelerator
company and a single point of failure, especially if you are not just
running a web-site, but have some other independent infrastructure,
too.

Yet, apparently, CloudFlare doesn't even support using any of their
services with your own DNS solutions.

And how exactly do they expect end-users "clearing the DNS cache"?  Do
I call AT&T, and ask them to clear their cache?

http://serverfault.com/questions/479367/how-long-a-dns-timeout-is-cached-for

C.