Comcast NOC Contact

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Mar 3 16:03:10 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Mar 3, 2013, at 7:40 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:

> > For providers who have an overall asymmetric traffic profile towards
> > Comcast, it's a matter of perspective as to whether you view this as
> > the providers sending Comcast traffic or Comcast customers pulling it.
> > So it's hardly surprising that there are disagreements about who gets to pay
> > the other for the interconnection arrangements.

Saying that it's a matter of perspective is a false dichotomy.

If the providers go away, the Comcast customers will pull traffic from
other providers.

If the *customers* go away...

Nope; Comcast is acting as the agent of its customers to pull in traffic
they want to see, and if it isn't charging them enough for that, that is
*Comcast's* problem.

It's really a bright-line answer.

Cheers,
-- jra