Comcast NOC Contact

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Mar 3 12:40:52 UTC 2013

On 02/03/2013 18:07, Vinod K wrote:
> I hear there are networks at capacity b/c of ratios.  Everybody wants to
> send Comcast traffic, but noone wants to send money.

The flip side of this argument is that as it's mostly an access network
with an asymmetric last mile infrastructure, the natural aggregate internet
traffic profile of the total sum (bytes-in, bytes-out) counted at the
customer hand-off points will tend to be weighted in one direction.

For providers who have an overall asymmetric traffic profile towards
Comcast, it's a matter of perspective as to whether you view this as the
providers sending Comcast traffic or Comcast customers pulling it.  So it's
hardly surprising that there are disagreements about who gets to pay the
other for the interconnection arrangements.

Nick