cannot access some popular websites from Linode, geolocation is wrong, ARIN is to blame?

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 00:21:18 UTC 2013

On 2 March 2013 15:45, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> Now, back to ARIN:  is Linode doing it right?  Is vr.org doing it
>> wrong?  Are they both doing it correct, or are they both wrong?
>>

> ARIN Policies do require Linode to SWIP their customer allocations,
> so the fact that they are not doing so is actually a violation of policy.

They have repeatedly disagreed, on two separate occasions, effectively
claiming they themselves are the customers:

So, the "new" addresses are all assigned directly to them.

> Linode (and VR) probably shouldn't SWIP their datacenter blocks,
> but this isn't really covered in policy one way or the other.
>
>> Anyhow.  How do I get my geoloc to show Fremont, CA?  And to have yelp
>> stop returning 403 Forbidden?
>
> Get Linode to SWIP your blocks for starters.

Could work with IPv6, since I have a /56 from them, but I only have a
single IPv4, so, per my understanding, an IPv4 SWIP is not possible.

C.