Google's QUIC

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 04:21:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Octavio Alvarez
<alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:20:21 -0700, Christopher Morrow
> <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> "Runs in top of UDP"... "Is not UDP"...
>>
>> If it has protocol set to 17 it is UDP.
>

> So QUIC is an algorithm instead of a protocol?

it's as much a protocol as http is.. I suppose my point is that it's
some protocol which uses udp as the transport.

Because of this I don't see any (really) kernel/stack changes
required, right? it's just something the application needs to work out
with it's peer(s). No different from http vs smtp...

-chris