Security over SONET/SDH

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 02:59:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
> Securing the link layer however is not a replacement for an end to end
> solution so just because it's protecting the air interface(s) doesn't really
> mean somebody not looking at the traffic elsewhere.

it's fair to say, I think, that if you want to  say something on the
network it's best that you consider:
  1) is the communication something private between you and another party(s)
  2) is the communication going to be seen by other than you +
the-right-other-party(s)

and probably assume 2 is always going to be the case... So, if 1) is
true then make some way to keep it private:
  ssl + checking certs 'properly' (where is dane?)
  gpg + good key material security
  private-key/shared-key - don't do this, everyone screws this up.

-chris