Security over SONET/SDH

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 22:14:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Jamie Bowden <jamie at photon.com> wrote:
> Actually, you CAN do that, but you have to apply for ITAR exceptions.  EXIM is complex and you really want a good legal team who are familiar with it hand holding you through it (and on extended retainer going forward...).

We used to joke that our export control officer was the "designated felon"
(in the case that the process/decision was wrong, that person was the
one going to go to prison (and note the US Govt takes ITAR controls very
very seriously; do not guess, do not even think about guessing; do not
even think that the words in the regs mean what you think they mean)).

Gary