/25's prefixes announced into global routing table?

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Mon Jun 24 17:29:59 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:56:02 -0600
Michael McConnell <michael at winkstreaming.com> wrote:

> As the IPv4 space get smaller and smaller, does anyone think we'll see a
> time when /25's will be accepted for global BGP prefix announcement. The
> current smallest size is a /24 and generally ok for most people, but the
> crunch gets tighter, routers continue to have more and more ram will it
> always be /24 the smallest size?

Well, /25 are already in the routing table. I can even find a few /26 !!

rtr-01.PAR#sh ip b | i /26
*>i193.41.227.128/26
*>i193.41.227.192/26
*>i194.149.243.64/26

Paul

--
TelcoTV Awards 2011 - Witbe winner in "Innovation in Test & Measurement"

Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77
Les Collines de l'Arche                     Fax. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 99
F-92057 Paris La Defense                    RIPE : PR12-RIPE

LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulrolland
Skype    : rollandpaul

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation