PDU recommendations

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Jun 23 16:40:24 UTC 2013

No, I only use APC anymore for PDUs.  It's the others I've dealt with
I don't like.  There's quite a few I've never used but after the
painfully expensive experiences I've had with Tripp-Lite, Bay tech,
MGE (though I think they're part of Schneider or APC now), Liebert
(which at the time looked suspiciously the same as the Tripp-Lite's
but with a bigger price tag), and a couple others I'm certainly
forgetting.

I'd heard there were some bad batches that were DOA from APC, but
haven't personally experienced any myself.  I've had a couple
management cards in Symmetra LXes fail, and that same Symmetra chassis
had a power/inverter/charger module fail around the same time.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Nick Khamis <symack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Michael, does that mean you do not employ PDUs in your network?
> I.e., found a UPS with sufficient number of outlets in the back. With
> that in mind, could you make a recommendation for such a UPS-direct
> for a VM environment.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Nick.

into trouble of all kinds."