/25's prefixes announced into global routing table?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Jun 22 05:14:31 UTC 2013

>	The forwarding hardware is generally going to be the limit, and
>that's going to be painful enough as we approach a half million
>prefixes.

I would expect that we might finally see some pushback against
networks that announce lots of disaggregated prefixes.  The current
CIDR report notes that the 400K prefixes could be 260K if aggregated.

I realize it's not quite that simple due to issues of longer prefixes
taking precedence over shorter ones, but it is my impression that
there's a lot of sloppiness.