/25's prefixes announced into global routing table?

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Fri Jun 21 21:15:08 UTC 2013

On 21-06-13 21:56, Michael McConnell wrote:
> As the IPv4 space get smaller and smaller, does anyone think we'll see a time when /25's will be accepted for global BGP prefix announcement. The current smallest size is a /24 and generally ok for most people, but the crunch gets tighter, routers continue to have more and more ram will it always be /24 the smallest size?

As the fragmentation will progress and we will be closing to the magic
limit of 500.000, people will filter out /24 and then /23 and so on.
Back to static (default) routing!

--
Grzegorz Janoszka