net neutrality and peering wars continue

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Fri Jun 21 02:55:58 UTC 2013

On 6/20/2013 10:26 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> Many things aren't as obvious as you state above.  Take for example routing table growth.  There's going to be a big boom in selling routers (or turning off full routes) when folks devices melt at 512k routes in the coming years.

Indeed.  We're running PFC3CXL's and had already reallocated FIB TCAM to
768K IPv4s in anticipation.  We also had maximum-prefix 500000 with a
warning at 90%, and today it triggered (or at least first time I noticed
it)...  we ran > 450K prefixes from 3 providers about 1:30 EDT today and
got the warnings.

The end is near :)  If you haven't made provisions, please do so now :)

Jeff